Leven Links has had the honour of being selected by golf’s governing bodies to host the following major championships and competitions.
In addition, during April, The Links annually hosts “The Lindsay Shield”, an interclub match between Leven, Carnoustie and St Andrews, the roots of which can be traced back over 150 years and in August “The Standard Life Assurance Company’s Amateur Champion Gold Medal” gifted by them in 1870 and as such lays claim to being the oldest Amateur Strokeplay Championship in the world.
- The Open Championship Final Qualifying or LFQ as it laterally became known. 1978, 1984, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005.
- The Scottish Champion of Champions. 1979 – 2017.
- The Fife Champion of Champions. 1977 – 2018.
- Scottish Amateur Championship 1926.
- Standard Life Gold Medal – annually
- Girls British Open Amateur Championship 1968.
- Scottish Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship 1971.
- Scottish Girls Close Amateur Championship 1965, 1975, 1983, 1991.
- Scottish Youths Open Amateur Strokeplay Championship. 1982.
- Scottish Girls Open Strokeplay Championship. 1970.
- Three International Matches. 1978, 1982, 1985.
- The Scottish Champions of Champions, 1979-2017